Releasing Pain is a four-week group with Tyler Orr, LPC/MHSP, and Janka Livoncova. The program focuses on changing your relationship with pain by increasing your capacity to be present in your body, and accessing your body’s innate ability to release stress, tension, and pain.
In addition to weekly two-hour classes, the program includes guided audio and video exercises that will be yours to keep. The number of participants will be limited to 15 to ensure that individualized attention is given to each person and to create a more therapeutic environment.
Group Intentions and Goals:
- Change your relationship with pain
- Understand the components of the pain experience
- Increase body awareness and capacity to be embodied, present, and aware of sensations
- Increase acceptance and receptive awareness of sensations
- Understand from direct experience the changing nature of sensation, including pain and the entire human experience (sensations, thoughts, and emotions)
- Access your body’s ability to process and release stress, pain, and tension
- Increase resilience
Where: Wellness Corner at Nutrition World
When: March 13th, 20th, 27th, & April. 3rd from 6-8PM
Janka Livoncova is an Insight Meditation Teacher, Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500), Licensed Massage Therapist, and trained Somatic Movement Educator. She has been a dedicated student and practitioner of meditation and yoga since 1994, and started sharing her practice with others in 2004.
Tyler Orr, LPC/MHSP
Tyler Orr is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC/MHSP) and National Certified Counselor (NCC) dedicated to offering affordable, holistic, experiential assistance that exceeds the boundaries of traditional talk therapy. His clinical experience and training include working with a variety of mental and physical health issues, including anxiety, anger, depression, life transitions, trauma, relationship issues, spiritual/religious abuse, and physical pain. Tyler offers an interactive, here-and-now, body-centered approach to counseling that integrates mindfulness, nonduality, somatic and attachment focused EMDR, and Somatic Experiencing® techniques.